Monday, May 25, 2009

DRIVING THE BIG RIG


We had been hard at work last week finishing the latest boats destined for Frontenac Outfitters, as well as prepping new moulds for another ten canoes and some rowing shells that have to be delivered before mid-June. Jeff had told me he was going to drive to Frontenac, but as I still had to get the a box spring to the cottage, I volunteered to do it, using his new GMC pickup (well new to him, it is a 2002 Z71 with 102,000 kilometres on it) and the mammoth twenty boat trailer. We got off to a good start, but it takes a long time to load and tie down 18 canoes on a big trailer. I managed to cross Toronto at about 2:30, and by 5:30 had exited at Odessa to fill up on gas. The tank took close to 80 litres to refill, kind of poor fuel economy as that had only got me 345 kilometres! After shortcutting to Sydenham, I finally rolled into Frontenac Outfitters at 6 PM.

(more to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails